Foraging Ground Cloth
- PRODUCT INFORMATION
- FEATURES & SPECS
- FORAGING EXPERTS
Take this Ground Cloth with you on all your adventures. Designed using water-resistant waxed canvas, metal grommets, and our super useful Foraging Bandana. You can stake it down, string it up, or clip the corners together, and fits in a back pocket, stowed in a haversack, or clipped on a backpack.
- Lists the most common plants/fungus of North America, including their common and scientific names
- Indicates the field uses of all 12 plants/fungi using part indicator icons on each plant illustration
- Includes the ”5 Steps of Identifying Edible Plants” by Samuel Thayer and ”Rules and Ethics of Foraging” by Mark "Merriwether" Vorderbruggen
Arrowhead/Wapato (Maranta spp., Sagittaria spp.), Burdock (Arctium minus, Artium lappa), Prickly Pear Cactus (Opunita lindheimeri), Cattail (Typha latifolia), Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale), Maple Tree (Acer spp.), Turkey Tail Mushroom (Trametes versicolor, Coriolus versicolor), Plantain (Plantago spp.), Stinging Nettle (Urtica chamaedryoides, U. dioica, U. urens), Wild Violet (Viola spp.), Willow Tree (Salix spp.), Yarrow (Achillea millefolium)
- Made with the Foraging Bandana
- Waxed Canvas 4.4 oz
- 70% Cotton / 30% Nylon Weather Tough Wax Finish Fabric
- Heavy Duty Black 1/4" Grommets
- Amann Strongbond Brown Nylon Bonded Thread
- Measures 21" x 21"
- Cut, Sewn, and Grommeted in the USA
- Heirloom quality that will character-wear with use
- Dry sitting/kneeling pad
- Clean work surface
- Kindling/Firewood bundle carrier
- Foraging Pouch
- Meditation Mat
- Hobo Bindle
- Signaling Device
This is an original design by Wazoo in cooperation with Dr. Mark “Merriwether” Vorderbruggen and Dr. Nicole Apelian.
We worked with these experts to choose plants based on the following criteria:
- Abundance in the USA
- Ease of Identification
- Few or no poisonous look-alikes
- Ability to represent on a bandana
- Ease to process into its usable form
Mark "Merriwether" Vorderbruggen
Ph.D. chemist by day, rogue naturalist by night/weekends. Mark has become one of the most experienced foraging experts in North America. He's the creator ofwww.foragingtexas.com which is probably the most useful foraging resource available... and it's FREE!
Dr. Nicole Apelian
Dr. Nicole Apelian is a scientist, mother, educator, researcher, expeditionary leader, safari guide, herbalist, and traditional skills instructor. A leader in the field of transformative nature education, Nicole is excited to share her knowledge and expertise of nature connection, indigenous knowledge, natural wellness, and survival skills with the world. Learn more at>NicoleApelian.com
Illustrations of Burdock, Nettle, and Prickly Pear Cactus copyright: Foraging and Feasting: A Field Guide and Wild Food Cookbook. Made and printed in the USA!
The plant representations and denoted characteristics featured on this bandana are in no way intended to be a source of proper identification, use, or processing of plants.
Wazoo Survival Gear LLC and all other mentioned parties are not responsible for any harm resulting from the act of harvesting or attempting to forage plants.
- Free US Shipping Over $65
- Worry Less Warranty