Rigger's Cache Belt™
- PRODUCT INFORMATION
- THE ORIGIN STORY
rigger: (noun) /'riger/ a person who rigs or attends to the rigging of a sailing ship, aircraft, or parachute.
rigor: (noun) /'riger/ a condition that makes life difficult, challenging, or uncomfortable.
Either definition will work to describe the purpose of this belt!
This is the version we take when we go far off grid, like slot canyoneering in Utah. If you do not understand the value of the Rigger's version, no offense, but it's probably not the belt for ya.
Our Rigger's Cache Belt™ incorporates the patented all-in-one AustriAlpin D-Ring COBRA® ProStyle 18kN, sewn in with 5 industrial bartacks.
Like our standard Cache Belt™ it features the same patented top-loading hook and loop enclosure that allows direct access to items like our Adventure Kit. Unlike our standard Cache Belt™, this riggers version has been sewn fixed into the female buckle side with burly bartacks. Many folks have called our standard Cache Belt™ a real-life Batman Belt, if that's true, this is our James Bond adaptation.
The original design is rumored to have been made and worn by bored parachute riggers, the ones who repair and pack the chutes, for freefall skydivers and military paratroopers. Out of the sewing lofts of drop zones, rigger-style belts have been adopted by general military personnel and first responders, as well as intrepid adventures in need of a belt that can come in handy in extreme environments.
For a little more history on rigger's belts, see this great article by ITS Tactical.
- AustriAlpin buckle rated 18kN (approximately 4,047 Pounds force)
- The nature of buckle means you have to put it on differently than some suspect, Nick made a great video on how to put it on.
- [UPDATE] In fact, not satisfied with the 5, 28-stitch bartacks of our original manufacturer, we had a second manufacturer go back over it with 4 more 42-stitch bartacks! Yeah, we went a bit overkill. This may show as loose threads on the backside, but is just the result of tons of stitches punching through 4 pieces of military-spec webbing. Instead of completely cutting and melting all loose threads, and possibly compromising the bartacks and/or leaving a melted rough mess, we left some of them to be trimmed and melted as the end-wearer sees fit.
- [LIABILITY CLAUSE] Not intended for climbing, rappelling, or any other load-bearing secret agent stuff.
- Free US Shipping Over $65
- Worry Less Warranty